Sunday, November 9, 2014

If four months and eight days ago you'd have told me I'd be giving up dairy, I would've told you to drop dead.  But four months and seven days ago, Kingston was born into my world and wrapped his delicious little hands around my heart.  All bets are off.  I mean, look at that face...



 No more raw milk, homemade yogurt, cheese, butter, creme brulee...these are my best friends.  My life is over.  But I ask you, is THIS normal???


And so, the dairy-free journey begins.  Along with probiotics, chiropractic adjustments, creams & homemade potions...whatever it takes!  Today is day 3.  So far, so good.  It's really not as horribly awful as I thought it'd be but Austin hasn't scarfed a pizza in front of me yet.  Give it time.  I will say I can feel an immediate difference.  The cellulite is melting off of me.  I'm hungry ALL THE TIME.  It's amazing the space some milkfat will take up in your tum-tum.  I don't know if dairy's the culprit but I will try anything at this point.  Thanks c-section!!  We will definitely attempt to re-introduce it when we kick this thing!  Cuz dang, I can't live without mozzarella sticks forever!  Eggs and onions on the other hand...apparently I have some new found adult on-set postpartum food intolerances.  Why does no one tell you this crap, seriously?
WISH ME LUCK!!!

3 comments:

  1. awww, poor guy!! that looks painful :(
    I hope giving up dairy helps...although it must be hard, I dunno if I could do it.
    and he is the cutest thing!! it looks like he has about as much hair on top of his head as Penny has now, lol....that girl seriously needs to start growing some hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting, Sweet Mama Blogger Extraordinaire!! Love yew...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. you're not the only friend whose girls have trouble growing hair. All in good time. Besides, have you SEEN how much arm hair I have?? It's ape-like, i tell you!

    It's good to be back! Blogging is good. Blogging is fun. I promise it will NOT be a year and a half until I post again!

    ReplyDelete